“Cook me, freeze me, reheat me and I will be as delicious as if you had just cooked me. I never, ever get soggy!”
Serves Approximately: 4
- 10 sprigs of Green onions
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 2 bunches of parsley curly or flat (remove stems)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (remove stems)
- 1 cup of cooked Gluten Free Whole Grain Wondergrain (Follow basic cooking instructions below)
- ¼ of cup of Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop green onions, tomatoes, parsley leaves and cilantro.
- In a large bowl, place each ingredient next to one another including cooked WONDERGRAIN sorghum and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Basic Cooking Instructions Whole Grain:
Serves : Approximately 2
Cooking time: Approximately 45-55 minutes
Wondergrain yields 3 times its volume when cooked.
Rinse before use
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water or broth, ½ Tbsp of oil and salt to a boil.
- Add 1/2 cup of pearled Wondergrain sorghum. Cover and bring back to a full boil for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to medium.
- Keep covered. When water is at the level of the grain, reduce heat to low/simmer. Cook until water dries completely and the grain has puffed up. Fluff up with a fork. Grain will be tender with a pleasant bite.
- Grain must cook for at least 45 minutes .
- Avoid using a large saucepan if cooking small amounts, as water will evaporate too quickly.
- Drain excess liquid if grain has reached desired texture.
- For a softer bite, add more liquid.
- If a bit pasty because you’ve used too much liquid or cooked it too long, just spread open on a plate. Once it cools down, fluff up with a fork.
- To reheat on the stovetop and loosen up the grain, moisten with liquid – Do not drench.
- To reheat in the microwave and loosen up the grain, cover with a wet paper towel.
IMPORTANT: LIQUID TO GRAIN RATIO
May vary depending on stove top
Wondergrain 1/2 cup 1 cup 2 cups 3 cups 4 cups 8 cups 10 cups
Liquid 2 cups 4 cups 8 cups 10 cups 12 cups 14 cups 17 cups
Servings 2 4 8 12 16 32 40