Serves: Approx. 4 (as a side dish)
Cook time: Approx. 20 minutes
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- ½ cup Pine Nuts
- 6 medium cooked artichoke bottoms, sliced ¼ inch thick (May use frozen artichoke bottoms)
- 1 cup cooked Whole Grain Wondergrain (or cooked Pearled Wondergrain)
- 1 cup chopped Kale (small pieces)
- ½ cup chopped roasted red pepper
- ½ cup sliced scallions (Green onions – Approximately 3 sprigs)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill (no stem)
- Vinaigrette of your choice (see suggestion in Tips)
- Spread corn on a cookie sheet. Mix with truffle oil and Herbes de Provence. Broil in oven until golden. Set aside.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan until golden.
- In a bowl, mix sliced artichoke bottoms, cooked whole grain Wondergrain, Kale, Roasted red pepper, scallions, Kalamata olives, dill, roasted corn and toasted pine nuts.
- Add vinaigrette of your choice (be generous) and mix well.
- If using frozen or refrigerated grain, moisten and reheat to loosen up the grain. Fluff up with fork and let cool down prior to mixing in salad.
- Suggested vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup lime juice (May use lemon juice)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste