“Cook me, freeze me, reheat me and I will be as delicious as if you had just cooked me. I never, ever get soggy!”
Serves: Approx. 4-6
Prep Time: Approx. 15 minutes
- 1 can 15oz red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15oz white Canelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil (Preferably high quality)
- 1 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup green onion or scallions sliced (green and white areas)
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 cups cooked Wholegrain Wondergrain
- Rinse beans.
- In a bowl, combine the three beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, the salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add mixture to the bowl of beans.
- Add the green onions, dill and the cooked Wondergrain.
- Mix well without crushing the beans and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain excess liquid before serving and enjoy!
- If you are using frozen or refrigerated Wondergrain, remember to loosen up the grain by warming it up. Let cool down. Once in the vinaigrette, the grain will never get soggy.
- This salad is great prepared ahead of time and tastes even better the following day.
- When draining the excess liquid before service, don’t throw away the liquid. Pour it back into the leftover salad before refrigerating.